Monday, October 24, 2011

Quenton is in let the fun begin....
Haha well family this week was pretty awesome not gonna lie. We were able to make our companionship better and we were talking more together and we are happier these days. I really dont think anything has changed it is just accept the other person for who he is. And hopefully we can keep this rolling because this week was changes and my companion and I will continue together for at least another 6 weeks. But this week we were able to complete the baptism that we had planned. The hna. Avila got baptized in the nice cold water and then she came out and bore her awesome testimony. Also this week we were searching for really old investigators and found one. she told us that she listened to the missionaries with another lady that lives 3 houses down the road. so we went to that house and in the house we found two new teenagers that now have baptismal dates for the end of november. It was awesome!! We had 17 lessons with members and then we also found 10 new investigators. so in the past two weeks we have found 22 new investigators. Our area is rolling and changing really fast. When i got here it was nothing. we were lucky to get up to 10 lessons with members and we only had 4 or 5 new people in a normal week. I will say that we are really thinking of how we can make this area work and really grow to its potential.
So in the changes for this week unfortunately was the end of my time with Elder Mckinley, he got changed down to ica. so he is in the one place in the whole country that i know of that has diet coke.. i think he will send me some in one of these coming weeks. Haha also i can happily say that we found a little kid that could very well be one of the smartest most interesting 10 year olds that i have ever met. he is ready to be baptized and we found him this week.. he came to the baptism alone and then to church alone and well he is set for the 19th of november. but it could very easily move to a closer date. haha we are really loving this area.. And the ward is getting more and more animated to help and work. also this week i can yet again say i got to talk in sacrament meeting.. For those that are counting this is the third time in this area. i am pretty sure that means i have talked more here then in the home ward. i started my talk and then after i started i actually changed my whole topic and went and read the parable of the seeds... I dont know what that is called in english but i went and read parts of that and explained them. then i related it to the atonement and it was actually really cool because that had absolutely nothing to do with my original topic. but everyone came and said they really liked my talk so that was cool.. I love this mission and my area and i am getting to love my companion. just needed a little more time to get used to him i guess.. I love working hard now in the mission. it is just really satisfying when you can get back from a nice days work finding new people, inviting them to be baptized, and then do it again the next day.. I love this work and I am just really happy to be here and know that all is rolling on at home normal as usual.. I love you all so much and hope you have yet another good week..

No comments:

Post a Comment