Sunday, November 27, 2011

11/14/2011 New Companion

Well family this week passed by really fast and to answer your questions about if i have a new companion-- the answer to that is yes. This week was pretty crazy i learned that my companion had a thing for a girl that is in the ward here, and when we did divisions he was harassing her and so that wasn't ok. when i heard about that we called president and he got changed. From what i know he has an interview with president today and i don't think it is going to go very well.. So my new companion is Elder Damian. he is from ecuador and he is really cool and he really wants to work hard.. To the point that for the first time in my mission i have a companion that wants to do excercise in the morning. so i am actually not getting fatter but i am getting stronger and maybe a little skinnier. But this week was really cool because we had the opportunity to have a little 12 year old accompany us. it was awesome because he is probably the coolest most powerful little kid that i have ever met in my life. We were out and my new companion is a real go getter, so we are knocking doors and we are contacting all of the people that we can. While we were contacting with him he would just be straight up honest with the people and he would come up just saying that we are here to baptize them and help them come closer to God. Now it sounds like it would be way too direct but to be honest the way he does it as just a little kid it is just awesome. We feel like it is just a million times better to just tell them that because that really is our purpose as missionaries. it just helps them to know why we are really there.. So i learned that the reason we dont tell them that is because we are afraid of how they are going to react and they will reject us. But i was thinking if they are going to reject us when we invite them it is better that they reject us in the beginning than waste our time with them. So that was one of the craziest things i have learned this week. But this week we were able to have our baptism of joseph and we are really working on finding new people to teach. i think i will be here in this area for Christmas now that all of this happened with my companion. That made me really happy to be honest. we are going to make miracles happen with my new companion in this area. I know this church is true and it really just boosted my energy to hear the testimony of a little kid telling other people why i am here. It was a real testimony to me and this little kid only has one year as a member and is incredible. I love this church and the chance that i have to teach other people what i have experienced in my life and the happiness i have always had. I love you family and all of my friends for the examples they are for me.. and if i am not mistaken ryo you be in your last month before the mission, prepare hard brother and i hope your enjoying every minute of it.
Love Elder Farr

No comments:

Post a Comment