Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Into the mission field

So this week has been crazy.. new year was just like any day and so that wasn't super entertaining. i just had a lot of class. We felt the spirit a ton of course and it was just really cool to be leaving the mtc finally. I got a bunch of your dear elders and i also got letters from greg and syrene and also a letter from ginger.. it was fun to get to read those. they just sent christmas cards and i enjoyed reading them. So yesterday we got into the field met the president and my whole interview was just him getting to know me and he was just really cool and chill, and we talked all about sports and so that was cool that he just wanted to know my personality and stuff. So i had to leave my companion elder vilchez

and that was horrible because he was so awesome and he and i just got along really well. also we had to say goodbye to elder carter elder church and elder merritt,, which was worse because they have been my best friends for the past nine weeks.. Especially elder carter he and I got along great and i know that we will hang out after the mission.

So i have a new companion his name is elder Tello he is from trujillo, Peru. He seems really chill but it is totally different out here.. it is live or die with the language and when they talk about stuff that isnt the gospel it is just rough. kinda like a wave is just crashing down on my head and i cant stop it.. I had one of the wierdest freakiest dreams last night. i was in my area and then all of a sudden i was at the airport at home and i was giving momma bear a hug and then i was like this isnt right and then i woke up and i was in my new bed with no pillow or blanket.. because apparently we dont get those out here.. maybe i will buy a pillow but i dont want to lug around a blanket that is sub par so maybe i will just put on clothes if i need to.. we will see. We are apparently in the second richest neighborhood and it is just crazy. all the people say oh your basically going to the utah part of town where the rich people are and where you will easily adjust. so i am kinda excited about that and all of my friends went far south to the desert where it is just desert and poor.. i will be happy to see them again at some meeting that hopefully comes soon because i have nobody near me.. also i am trying really hard to just learn the language and read the scriptures. anyway even though this is getting harder and harder i know that i am where i need to be and i know that this church is true and the book of mormon is incredible when you actually read and think about all that happened. i love you all and i know that all of you are having an awesome time at home which is sad but at the same time i can say, "ya my family is trying to catch up to me on the awesome scale" haha just kidding.. Love you tons your favorite elder ... Farrmooreawesome.. hahah

1 comment:

  1. It was good to see Matt and read his letter. Great Job Wendy creating the blog. I will check it often. I know he will be a great missionary. It is hard to have them so far from home, but at least with the internet it is possible to be a little more connected. Keep up the good work!!! Kathleen

    ReplyDelete