Monday, January 23, 2012

Mugging with new comp!



What it is Family!! What an awesome week!!
So Family it's good to know when there is something funny that happens in a week everyone writes me.. Haha this week went really well for those that want to know first things first.. My companions name is Elder Hernandez and he is from Guatemala and he is pretty cool. We had a pretty good time this week helping him get to know the people and the area just working in the area normal. The training thing is cool we just read and do what the little training book says. my companion is just wanting to learn and listen to what to do. It was really cool in some of the lessons because i felt like they were a lot more spirit guided and i have been concentrating a lot on teaching the people and not lessons. It was really fun because we went and found a new family to teach and we did something very different in our how to begin teaching.. we just kinda threw a whole bunch of the messages we had on the table and they were like stunned with the information we have. they had a whole bunch of super awesome questions. but we told them things like that is what we want to teach you but we cant teach it all in one lesson. so that was super awesome and it seemed to work very well. Also this week we were going to have a baptism for a family of 3 but we didn't feel like they were ready. so this week we are going to be concentrating on them so that they can feel prepared and take this step in their life. They are the Family Hernandez Apayco. they are really cool we are working with the whole family but the dad is normally working so we haven't been able to teach him much. the whole family has come to church 2 weeks straight. Also we are teaching another family, the family morales, they are really good and super poor so they are listening but dont understand it all, but have desires to be baptized. so all that is going well but my companion and I are really focusing on finding more new people to teach.
About the mugging... well it was just weird because they came out of nowhere. they just hit my companion in the back of the head, and then told us to get on the ground and well that was pretty crazy.. but the good news here is that they stole the three soles that I had and they didn’t steal the 13 or so soles my companion had, took my debit card, and then they stole stuff and searched my companions backpack and unfortunately stole his bible and hymnal. they didn’t search my backpack which I didn’t know at the time but it had my camera. So really we got off alright and well it was just a weird one-time thing from what I have experienced. I forgot to mention that this mugging took place in the middle of the main street in our area with a whole bunch of cars just driving past watching.. it was pretty hilarious because afterward a bunch of cars came up to us to ask if we were alright and said we wanted to help but they had a gun...
So well that was my week and it was really fun.. It threw a cool story into my mission and just so you know after i knew we were ok and my companion wasn't too hurt, i did start laughing and saying how ridiculous they must feel.. Anyway i hope you all know that i am fine and my companion is also no harm done. Well love you all tons and i know you and i will have awesome weeks..
Love Elder Farr+Moore+Orth+Waite+Future Farah=Awesome.. Which reminds me Daniel,,, mission call?? whats up...


No comments:

Post a Comment