Monday, September 19, 2011

Transfer and New comp. 9-12-2011

WELL FARR FAMILY & others....
Hahaha i love writing different things to start my letters. Well this week passed by really fast. Elder Zuñiga and I had some super awesome lessons and we found a new girl.. her name is jasmin and she is 17. we weren't sure if she would be a real investigator or just another little girl that wanted to talk to us.. we went and talked to her and gave her the pamphlet on the gospel of Jesus Christ and said if you want to learn more read this and we will come back to explain what you don't understand.. we told her the back has questions she could answer if she wanted to answer those. we went and visited her the next day.. let me explain that when we give people these pamphlets it's a miracle if they open to the first page, so we got to her house and she was like ya i read the book you left and i answered the questions the best i could but if you could explain some i would really appreciate it.. well my jaw dropped and i really just couldn't believe it.. so that was awesome. Also we had a reference named isabel and she also is golden. they both are set for baptism in october, so we are really excited.. Well i should also say that when i say we.. i now mean me and my new companion, Elder Llontop. he is from the same area as my old companion, elder serrano, but they did not know each other. well I was really happy this week with our work this week for me and elder Zuñiga.. i really learned a ton from him and i now study better then i have ever studied, and i understand so much more. i don't know if it was him that taught me or that all of a sudden i was doing it. but i think he taught me a bunch, it was awesome to be his companion..
Lastly, well i guess i will write that i too had the opportunity to give a talk this week just like Kelli and Alex.. It was kinda a surprise but i was really happy with how it ended up. I got to bear my testimony on fasting because the lady that spoke before me was talking on that. so i got to bear my testimony and i felt really really strongly to say that we fasted for years to help Corey and I really felt like that helped us, so i just love it.. the people afterward said that i did a good job so i was very happy about that. i felt like i had no problem speaking. i didnt take time to think of words, they just came to me.. i know i haven't written about the language for a while but i am feeling so much better with the spanish, and i know that i have had some heavenly help with that. i love this gospel and i know that it is true. I am so happy to have the opportunity so serve in these days and want to encourage all the young men in the ward that you really just need to listen, learn, read, and build your testimony before you go on your missions. that is the main message the apostle Neil A. Anderson gave us and president manning.. it is more important for us to have testimonies than anything else, with a testimony, we can really teach. I love you all and this gospel so much.. Love your Favorite
Elder Farr+Moore+Orth=Awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment